Links

Wednesday 30 June 2010

take your cheap shots, i've never been too proud to sin

30 Day Letter Challenge Day Thirteen. Someone you wish could forgive you.

Dear Jenny M.,


      I'm sorry if I've hurt you in some way. It was a long time ago and maybe you don't even remember me. I don't think I ever meant to hurt you but you were always pushing back against anyone who tried to be your friend. So when people started to purposely hurt you, you'd already taken away any support you would have had. I always watched when people would target you when we played dodge-ball and I never knew what to do. And I always felt guilty that I knew they were doing that. Even your so-called-friends that you made for yourself would do that to you. 

Maybe you were just waiting for that one person who would go up and beyond the effort to be your friend. But I couldn't do that. And I'm sorry for that. And I'm sorry that I didn't stick up for you when people were hurting you. Because I know they would have listened to me.


Beth

No comments: