Links

Friday 18 June 2010

love is the movement, it's a revolution

30 Day Letter Challenge Day One. Best Friend.

Dear Best Friend,


      I don't even know how to start this letter. Maybe that's because [I hope] you know how much you really do mean to me. You know that I don't like to talk about my emotions and stuff but writing them works so much better for me anyways :)


       We haven't seen each other in a long time. But I want you to know that you are an absolutely beautiful woman! Now I know that you are thinking that I'm only saying this because I'm your best friend but I'm pretty sure I would tell you if you looked butt-ugly. Trust me on this. You are gorgeous. And I know life hasn't been kind to you a whole lot of the time. But that just adds to the beauty and your fighting spirit. I loved going out places with you because I would think "I'm so lucky to have a beautiful friend who actually wants to be seen with me" :P


       I don't really know where you are in your spiritual life. But when you were still here I think that was one of my favourite things about our relationship. I've never had a friend closer than you who believed so much of the same things as me. But more than that is that I felt we were at the same point in our spiritual life and it helped having someone there with me going through the same battles. And I think this part of my life was the part that cried the most when you were gone and I didn't know what 'state' you were in. Anyways. I know this is cliche but I know that God has awesome plans for you if you draw close to him. I know because I could see such things before you moved. (Of course I couldn't see anything while you were gone ;D)


      Gah there is so much I could say! I don't even know if I'm your best friend anymore because of that stupid crap that happened and I'm sorry about that and I know I will always regret it. I don't know if you'll ever want to bring it up again but I think we should even though neither of us want to because it will eat both of us and our friendship inside out. Aside from that I want to hear - actually hear in detail - what happened to you in the last few years. It's been a long time. You can say stuff happened and it doesn't matter. But it does to me. You shouldn't have to carry a burden by yourself. I promise I will talk about my side too. And its painful to me at certain parts but somehow I know you'll listen.


       Music! In our souls, in our mouths, in our hands. I want that band to live. I don't even freaking care if its the two of us with guitars acoustic. The Rocket Summer is a one man band so obvs we would be a band, an acoustic one. I loved how I could write the lyrics and someone you could just pick the music out of the air. Beautiful. OH. There is concert (only $10!!!!!) on August 28th. Flyleaf, Skillet, Hawk Nelson, Starfield + a few more. Come wiiiiiith.


       Hahaha okay I know I am super lame this way and I don't even have a boyfriend and I probably won't for a while but I want you to know that I want YOU (lol) in my bridal party. Bridesmaid, Maid of Honour.... we'll see. But you've been such an important part of my life I can't imagine you not being in there.


      There is so much more that I could say but honestly I'd rather tell you face to face. I miss you so so much. I will love it when you (finally) move into the city. You are my partner-in-crime, my sister (though not by blood which is even cooler), and my best friend. Sorry this is long but at least it isn't as small as the writing on my actual letters. (Which hurts my eyes even XD EDIT: nevermind. it's pretty tiny too) I'll see you soon. Hopefully in August :D


Love McFly

No comments: