Links

Wednesday 23 June 2010

may have lost my way now, haven't forgotten my way home

30 Day Letter Challenge Day Six. Stranger.

Dear Stranger,


      Like any safety-conscious parent would tell their kid, I was told not to talk to you. However, I've grown up and at my work I have to talk to strangers. So I want to tell you, stranger, is that you are not alone even when you think you might be. Someone right now is thinking about you. It could be a kid that was in your class for one year in elementary but that person is wondering what happened to these people and what became of them. Someone out there is willing to love you too. You are always loved no matter what you may tell yourself. I am telling you now: You are loved. The hard times may come at you full force but after the storm there is always sun. Maybe it doesn't feel like that now, and maybe you have never known anything but storms in your life. But maybe you just need to step out of your routine: Drive a different way home, ride a bike instead, work up the guts to talk (because the worst that could happen means that person didn't want to know the beautiful person that is you. You don't deserve that), learn an instrument, save an animal from a local shelter. Try to do something different once a day. It can be the smallest change (driving a different route or a different food you've never had) to a huge new extreme that you never would have thought to do (skydiving or scuba diving). Try it and see how your life brightens up and opens new possibilities for you. 


God Bless,

Beth

No comments: