Links

Friday 16 July 2010

the ways two hearts can meet, we were made to collide

30 Day Letter Challenge Day Twenty-Nine. The person you want to tell everything to but are too afraid to.

(I suppose I am writing this letter to a future time and future person but I think that is okay. This is real; this is how I feel)

Dear Future Husband,


       You don't know how hard it is for me to write this. Not only because I don't know who you are or if I've even ever met you (I actually hope to God I haven't) but because I find it so hard to open myself up to people. I hate being vulnerable and setting myself up for any hurt that may follow that. I need you to know that that is how I am and I am not trying to hurt you. One day I will let you know every little thing of importance but it will not be easy for me. I have been hurt before. I am ready to hurt again but it will be different because it will be with you the person I would give my very life for. I know you would never intentionally hurt me but want to share in my own hurt and be vulnerable with me. That concept is so lovely to me and I cannot wait for the time when I share everything with you so we can grow together fully. You will harvest my love and respect. There may be times I will not tell you things because of the love and respect I have for you so be patient with me and understand that it is because of you that I have made that choice.


Your Love,
B

No comments: