Links

Sunday 4 July 2010

losing ground and gaining speed, i've lost myself

30 Day Letter Challenge Day Seventeen. Someone from your childhood.

Dear Dustin S.,

      I don't think you will ever read this because I didn't write out your last name. Your last name is so weird anyways but I remember how to spell it so HA. We always called each other by our last names which was kind of cool since no one else did that ever. I knew you from the beginning of grade 5 to near the end of 7. You were my best guy friend that whole time and, in elementary we would hang out almost every day at least once, usually during lunch recess. I don't remember if it was in grade 5 or 6 but you broke your arm or something and had it in a sling but you still played catch with me and were pretty dang good. That's probably one of my favourite memories of you. That and Nick B. and you would sometimes call me Beefaroni. Real lame guys.


One time someone told me that we should totally go out and at the time I wanted to gag because you were my best guy friend and I couldn't see you that way. Now I wonder why I didn't because you made me laugh and were cute and liked hanging out with me. Oh man, how embarrassing. I really hope you never read this haha.


I don't think you will and secretly that makes me sad. I can't find you on facebook and I wonder what happened to you. One time I think I saw you at the Hangers in Capilano mall but I couldn't tell and I was with a friend so I didn't want to run over and see. One of my few regrets, though it doesn't really matter. I just hope you didn't land yourself in jail. And if you did you are dumb and you are so much better than that kinda crap. Or at least you were when I knew you. Indeed. I just wish I knew what happened to you, at least to set my mind at ease.


Beth

No comments: