Links

Saturday 23 May 2009

Friendsssssss

  • A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.

    Arthur Brisbane
    , "The Book of Today"

  • Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.

    Czech Proverb


  • You're supposed to trust friends. You have no reason to be his friend? That is part of the pleasure of friendship: trusting without absolute evidence and then being rewarded for that trust.

    David Shore
    , House M.D., Not Cancer, 2008

  • Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances.
Jay Leno (1950 - )

  • It's the friends you can call up at four a.m. that matter.
Marlene Dietrich (1901 - 1992)

  • Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes.
Randy K. Miholland, Something Positive Comic, 11-07-05

  • The only thing that lasts longer than a friend's love is the stupidity that keeps us from knowing any better.
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 09-07-06

  • A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.
Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

  • Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow, Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Unknown, (often attributed to Albert Camus)

  • I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends.
Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892)

No comments: